1. Yesterday, Jonas turned 14. For some reason that I can’t put my finger on, 14 seems so much older than 13 did last year. He had a house-full of family members over for dinner and cookie cake and three friends spend the night. Currently, those friends are sleeping in various corners of our house.
2. Tomorrow is Transfiguration Sunday. I’m preaching. My sermon is not quite done. Which is why I’m drinking coffee now and will soon be getting ready to head to the church for Zumba and the end of sermon prep (I hope).
3. I’ve successfully made the switch from sweetened coffee to not sweetened coffee. It’s been about 3 weeks since I’ve added sugar or sweetener to my caffeinated beverage and 5 weeks since I started my sugar-and-sweetener-free quest.
4 Tomorrow night, I have a free ticket to see Shrek the Musical and all I have to do is sit where they tell me and tweet about it all night. Follow me on Twitter for all of that #TweetSeat fun. It’s kind of like an official journalism
5. Did I mention I’m taking a week of Sabbath in April? I am (and, hey, if you live within a day’s driving distance, I’d love to see you during the first week of April) and I’m excited…but that comes after Lent which starts on Wednesday.
6. Lent starts Wednesday. It snuck up on me.