This week, my challenge is to donate seven things each day (or to collect seven things to donate each day. I did not actually donate the things I collected yesterday–yet. I will.). Here are some suggestions if you’re looking to lighten your life a little bit.
1. Donate old towels to an animal rescue (In Henderson, New Hope Animal Rescue).
2. Take excess blankets to a local homeless shelter.
3. Donate books to a drug or alcohol treatment facility (in Henderson, WARM).
4. Donate toys to a local Children’s Advocacy Center.
5. Donate new stuffed animals, toys, blankets, pillows to an organization that helps children transition to foster care (in Henderson, Bags of Love).
6. Donate magazines to your local library (the Henderson County Public Library will sell them).
7. Donate non-perishable food to a local food pantry (in Henderson, Christian Community Outreach).
8. Donate eye glasses you no longer wear to your local Lion’s Club..
9. Donate household items to a Habitat for Humanity Restore.
10. Donate toilet paper, feminine products or personal items like soap, shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant to an organization that provides monthly care to families and individuals in need or senior citizens on fixed incomes (in Henderson, that’s also Christian Community Outreach).
What would you add to this list?