Today’s Writing Prompt: List five ways you’ve changed in the last five years.
1. Health: I care more about my health. I exercise 5-6 days a week and I’m running (did Couch to 5K Week 3 day 1 today–success!). I eat more whole and organic foods. I try to sleep enough.
2. I like who I am. Five years ago, I didn’t quite feel that way.
3. Assertiveness: I’m much more able and willing to speak up and be heard.
4. I’ve learned to let go when necessary. Sometimes friendships aren’t forever. Sometimes relationships are more draining than edifying. Sometimes ideas don’t work out. Sometimes change has to happen. I am better able to accept all of that and let go when I need to let go–especially when it’s out of my control.
5. I take a lot more chances and try to participate in new activities and opportunities. Life is short, after all.