I love Tri-Fest! It starts tomorrow at 11 and ends Sunday at 5. It starts at our church at Main and Washington and run to Third and Main. Our Mississippi Mission Team (Gulfport, MS; June 24-July1) is trying to raise the rest of our money by charging people to park in the church parking lot. It’s a great gig because we didn’t have to pay a booth rental fee since we own the parking lot and we don’t have to buy anything to sell. Well, I bought bottled water and jolly ranchers, but that’s pretty low overhead. Each Mission Team member is required to work three 2 hour shifts over the course of Friday and Saturday (we’re not planning to charge on Sunday–although if we’re not at our goal we may be out there on Sunday Morning before worship!).
Here are the important things I will do at Tri-Fest:
1) drink a lemon shakeup. or 5 lemon shake ups over the course of the weekend. Those Breakfast Lions really know how to shake a lemon.
2) throw darts at balloons (I get better every year)
3) pretend I’m going to get on the sea dragon and then chicken out
4) eat a walking taco from the Spottsville Baptist booth
5) watch the fireworks!
6) listen to great music in the park
7) cheer for kids I know participating in the Elementary Olympics
8) and for the first time this year: work the parking booth
That’s what I will be doing this weekend! I hope your weekend is great 🙂