I’ve asked people all week to share what they are thankful for. Here’s my list:
1. My husband who loves me and respects me and supports me and takes the time to make sure that I know all of this.
2. Jonas, who challenges me but loves me and makes my life a whole lot better.
3. That Jonas can see perfectly out of both of his eyes.
4. All of my God-given friends, near and far, new and “old.”
5. A loving church family who cares about the needs of the world and our community. Shoeboxes, Thanksgiving baskets, Turkey Trot mission fundraising–we’ve pulled together to reach out to a lot of places in just this past week.
6. A youth group that loves to be together, welcomes others to join them, and makes every week a little more fun.
7. That all of our basic needs are met every day.
8. For the family I grew up in. I’m so thankful for my mom, my dad, Jeff and Carly!
9. That we still sit down as a family and watch the Peanuts holiday specials (tonight it was the Thanksgiving special).
10. We get to spend time with family tomorrow–Don, Shelia, Austin, Megan, Tyler, Nolan, Sherry, Wynn and a whole lot of everyone else. It will be crazy, but it will be great to be together.
11. Worship practice was kind of exhausting today, but it was good to be with Whitney and Randy! I love worshiping with them (and V, who’s out of town this week) each week!
12. Sam, who gets excited to see me every time I walk through the door–even if I just walked through the door two minutes ago.
19. The love and creativity of children.
20. God’s incredible grace. This grace has been with me all of my life and I still don’t comprehend it.
Happy Thanksgiving! May you be able to count all of God’s blessings!