- At check-in at the Youth Specialties registration booth, a guy picked up a handful of candy and threw it at Vallerie. Then everyone cheered.
- We heard a group of people singing the “Oompa Loompa” song. I thought, “silly youthworkers” only to go around the corner and see that they were ACTUAL Oompa Loompas. I was so shocked, I did not get a picture.
- We ran into a bunch of guys playing frisbee golf with finger darts.
- I appointed myself the welcome committee at the first big room and made sure that I knew the names of and interrogated everyone sitting around us.
- We got lots of free stuff in the exhibit hall
- Vallerie and I tried to race buses at the Group Workcamps booth, but we were too competitive and pushed the triggers too hard and our buses kept jumping off the track.
Just a few things that happened today…