Ten things you can do to let others know they are loved and valued today
1. Stop and listen to someone’s story today.
2. Tip everyone who is tippable today (servers in restaurants, hair stylists, window cleaners…)
3. Write an encouraging note to someone who probably needs to be encouraged. Bonus points if it’s the kind you mail.
4. Donate even a small amount of money to a good cause.
5. Smile at strangers.
6. Forgive someone who makes a mistake that affects you.
7. Forgive someone who hurt you long ago and let them back into your life.
8. Help a parent of young children who is feeling overwhelmed by providing a meal, a cup of coffee or an hour of babysitting.
9. Remind people that they are loved (by God, by you, by others).
10. Ask a child to tell you about the best thing that happened today, and then listen to her/his answers.